SHM is the only organization dedicated to the hospital medicine movement and promotes exceptional care for hospitalized patients. SHM is the voice of 57,000+ hospitalists and provides our members with educational and networking opportunities, quality improvement resources, research, advocacy and more.
- SHM’s efforts in the Choosing Wisely campaign with the ABIM were cited in a recent article in Medscape.
- SHM’s pain management initiatives were called out in an article discussing the pharmacist’s role in transitions of care.
- ASHP and SHM’s joint statement on hospitalist-pharmacist collaboration was cited in an article on the expansion of inpatient clinical pharmacy services in the American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy.
- Journal of Hospital Medicine research on developing depression after ICU discharge was cited in Becker’s Health Review, Health Medicine Network and Medical Xpress, among others.
- SHM Board member Danielle Scheurer, MD, SFHM, MSCR and research from the Journal of Hospital Medicine were mentioned in an article on hospitalist burnout.
- SHM members Weijen Chang, MD, SFHM, Dan Rauch, MD, FAAP, FHM and Leonard Feldman, MD, SFHM discussed the development of the pediatric hospital medicine subspecialty with Medscape.
- SHM Member Hilary Mosher, MD, FHM and SHM’s Reducing Adverse Drug Events related to Opioids (RADEO) Guide were featured in an article in Modern Healthcare.